Countryside Worker Apprentice (based at either Danby or Helmsley)
North York Moors National Park and the North Yorkshire Moors Railway are working together to offer fantastic apprenticeship opportunities thanks to the National Heritage Lottery Fund. This is a great chance for you to develop practical countryside skills, working as part of a team, alongside the railway and in the rest of the National Park. You will need to:
- Enjoy working outside (in all weathers);
- Have the ability to learn practical skills;
- Want to do a Countryside Worker L2 Apprenticeship
- Enjoy working outside and want to learn practical skills
- Be really interested in countryside issues and want to help with the work of the NYMR and the National Park.
The apprenticeship is for an initial period of 2 years and you’ll be working alongside our experienced staff who are looking forward to sharing their skills with you. If you think that you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you.
You will be paid a training allowance of £9,279 per annum, plus an annual apprentice supplement of £1,586 which includes a travel allowance. Your pay will increase to the minimum wage for your age group as you go into year two. We’ll also be spending money on your training to make sure that you have a set of skills that will be attractive to other employers when you leave us.
Closing Date: 29/08/2022 Location: Based at either Danby or Helmsley