Natural Resources Wales
Senior Officer Forest Operations
- Location: South East Wales
- Grade & Salary: 6 £34,427 rising to £37,656 over four years
- Post number: 201035
- Type of contract: Full Time Permanent
- Work pattern: 37 hours per week
Closing date: 5th August 2020
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
Senior officer responsible for all aspects of the day to day management of the Welsh Government Woodland Estate in SE Wales. The work in this role is varied and includes: -
- Planning and overseeing delivery of programmes of work that maintain the forest estate such as fencing, tree safety, drainage, invasive species control and asset management.
- The management of forest recreation sites and public access.
- Dealing with enquiries from neighbours and the public.
- Developing projects that enhance sustainability, biodiversity and recreational use of the woodland estate.
- Developing partnership working with key agencies and Local Authorities to deliver sustainable forest management and recreational use of the woodland estate.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working across a wide range of land management disciplines.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of forest & countryside land management practises,
- Experience of procurement and contract management.
- Qualifications in Forestry or Countryside management
For more information, please visit our website.