part of our Birthday Celebrations CJS is running a Photography
Terms and conditions of entry.
Entry to the competition is subject to these terms and conditions and
it will be assumed that entrants have read and agreed to the terms,
therefore, please make sure you have read and understood them before
sending us your photos, any questions please contact the
- The competition is open to all members of the public including
- Photographs should be new (i.e. not published previously).
- Entrants are the sole author of each entry.
- Images are the entrant's original work, they have obtained the
necessary image permissions where required (people, buildings,
intellectual property rights etc.); and they own the copyright of
the final image.
- The image copyright will remain with the photographer.
Countryside Jobs Service (CJS) will retain the right to use the
images royalty free in its publications, publicity material and in
digital media such as social media, email newsletters and on
websites. The photographer will be credited wherever possible.
- Details about the winners and their entries may be used by CJS
for promotional purposes.
- There will be monthly winners throughout the year. These will be
judged by the CJS editorial team and the editor’s decision is final.
- In addition there will be grand end of year prizes: one to be
selected by the CJS Team and a second to be chosen by public voting
via the CJS website.
The CJS Team reserve the right to award additional prizes to
any entry deemed deserving.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be
- No cash alternatives are available instead of the stated prizes.
- CJS staff, their partners and families are welcome to submit
photographs to the competition, but they will not be eligible to
receive the prizes.
- Staff, their partners and families of supporter organisations
are welcome to submit photographs to the competition, but they will
not be eligible to receive the prizes.
Note: Digital manipulation and staged images
Digital manipulation to optimise an image is permitted including cropped images but you are not permitted to add or remove key elements of the composition for this competition.
Composite or montaged images, from more than one original image are not eligible. Images stitched to form a panoramic image will be accepted provided this is stipulated at time of entry.
The judges have the discretion to reject any image which has been, in their opinion, over-manipulated, removing the integrity of the original image.
Staged and camera trap images will be accepted provided they do not misrepresent the subject or scene and that this is stipulated at time of entry.
The welfare of subjects must be considered at all time and any image that, in the judges' opinion, compromises the welfare of the subject will be rejected.
You can submit any image at any time but we will be
suggesting themes for each month ranging from the obvious British
Countryside to the more open to interpretation "Green". You can see the
full list of suggested subjects here. Simply email your photo (jpegs
email@example.com along with your name and any information
you want to include about your photo: what it shows, where it was taken
and a caption for a funny one would be welcome too.
(NB: Remember to include your social media handles so we can tag you if
we share your photos.)
There is no limit on the number of entries, however, each image can only be entered once.