Land Use Policy Officer x 2
Salary: £27,574.00 - £30,590.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
This position can be conducted remotely, and flexibly from within Wales.
We are looking for two Policy Officers to join our Wales Land and Sea Policy and Advocacy Team to develop and advocate RSPB Cymru policy positions and proposals on food and farming, woodland and forestry management and creation, fresh water, peatland and nature-based solutions.
- Developing policy positions in relation to:
- future agriculture and sustainable land management in Wales, including influencing the design and delivery of Wales' new Sustainable Farming Scheme.
- Woodland and forestry management and creation and associated initiatives and delivery mechanisms.
- Land use/management's response to climate change including peatland restoration and the use of nature-based solutions.
- Food policy and its role in saving nature.
- Fresh water, in particular the impact of land use/management on water quality.
- Working with colleagues across the RSPB, and where appropriate, with other NGOs, to ensure key messages and policy positions are aligned.
- Experience of working in a policy or advocacy role to influence the development of government policy.
- Experience of advocating policy effectively to external audiences (including government, relevant businesses, NGOs) to further specific policy and advocacy objectives.
- Knowledge of biodiversity and climate policy and policy drivers at international, EU, UK and Wales level
- Knowledge of EU, UK and Wales institutions relevant to the role
- Ability to monitor external policy developments and horizon scan for relevant issues and opportunities
- Excellent understanding of agriculture, food, forestry and related land use, nature and climate policy and policy drivers in a European, UK and specifically Wales context.
- Ability to write reports, consultation responses and concise policy briefings to support advocacy efforts.
- Ability to develop policy positions and to communicate effectively to a range of audiences, including politicians, farmers and other land managers and the public.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and proposals to a variety of audiences in a concise and clear way
- Ability to work as part of a team to deliver a project and achieve shared objectives and outcomes.
- Experience of working with others to develop and deliver a shared vision or set of proposals
Closing: 23:59, 30 September 2021
Click HERE to be taken to our website
Closing Date: 30/09/2021 Location: Wales