Spains Hall Estate
Assistant Estate Worker
The role is for an assistant Estate worker (full job spec here). This is an entry level manual role in the business but with potential for promotion. The right person to fit into our team has a positive attitude, some relevant experience, coupled with strong practical skills and a willingness to turn their hand to anything.
Please feel free to call us on 01371 811596 (ask for Jamie Dixon) to discuss the role and if you have a CV you can also email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will be doing
- Day to day labouring
- Use of machinery & tractors
- Use of hand tools
- Painting & property maintenance
- Tree and hedge planting
- Tree, timber and chainsaw work (ground level cross cutting under supervision, no climbing)
- Wildlife work (including hide and enclosure maintenance, could be extended to include wildlife surveys and tour leading for a suitably qualified candidate).
- Agricultural work - mainly environmental options (drilling, spraying, cultivating, mowing)
- Building maintenance (basic property and furniture repairs, painting, grass cutting, gardening).
Your Personal Attributes
The Estate is looking for someone that can demonstrate the following personal attributes and abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Positive outlook.
- Genuine interest in the countryside
- The ability to work flexibly to fit in with Estate's reasonable requirements.
- Safe working methods and a willingness to raise issues for attention by the management.
- Enthusiasm for outdoor work (in all weathers).
- A willingness to engage with the general public and visitors.
- Educated to at least GCSE level or with significant practical experience.
- Full clean UK Drivers licence (not automatic).
- One or more years practical experience working on a farm, Estate, countryside management, landscaping or in a similar role (can be voluntary).
- Interest in ecology and the countryside
- Ability to use a smart phone for calls, email, calendar, photos, plus relevant apps.
- Tractor driving experience & qualification (inc. use of PTO).
- Knowledge of how to work safely in an outdoor environment.
- Proven ability to problem solve in a practical, outdoor environment.
- Mechanical and maintenance ability.
- Ability to work alone and also in a team.
- Ability to work flexibly.
- Proven ability to work with the general public
Delete Date: 15/09/2021 Location: Finchingfield