Callington, Cornwall (with home working and regular travel to catchment)
Westcountry Rivers Trust (WRT) is an environmental charity dedicated to restoring and protecting the region's rivers, lakes, estuaries and coastal areas.
We're now looking for a Senior Farm Advisor to join our Land Team on a full-time basis, working 37.5 hours per week.
- Salary of up to £30,000 per annum
- Pension scheme (9% employer contribution)
- Great benefits
This is the ideal opportunity for an individual with strong interpersonal skills, practical experience and scientific or technical expertise to lead on projects that will make positive changes to water quality in the Westcountry.
So, if you have a passion for conservation and want to improve our rivers and landscapes, we want to hear from you.
As a Senior Farm Advisor, you will identify and develop opportunities at farm and catchment level that will contribute to improving the region's water environment.
Initially, you will be focused on delivering the CPES (Channel Payments for Ecosystem Service) Project until Spring 2022 before moving on to deliver other projects.
Additionally, you will:
- Proactively develop leads to raise awareness of projects and build opportunities
- Identify, and raise awareness of, opportunities which are available through WRT e.g. Grants, Countryside Stewardship, ELMS, Woodland creation grants, Environmental Offsetting interests etc.
- Undertake surveys, monitoring (e.g. water quality, soil or nutrient) and analysis
- Mentor junior colleagues and share knowledge throughout the Trust
- Co-ordinate, attend and contribute to relevant meetings, workshops or stakeholder groups to achieve Project aims and to share best practice, raise awareness and promote WRTs role
To join us as a Senior Farm Advisor, you will need:
- An appropriate qualification or equivalent work experience in an Agricultural or conservation/farming/environmental related discipline
- Experience and/or knowledge of catchment scale approaches and processes and to be familiar with concepts of Ecosystem Services
- Knowledge of agricultural practices and current and emerging Agri-Environment schemes
- Accuracy and attention to detail with report writing, data capture and record keeping
- The ability to present project outcomes to stakeholders and partners
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Senior Farm Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 26/10/2021 Location: Callington