Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3
Salary: £28,639 - £30,475 per annum
We are looking for a Community Biodiversity Officer to join our team.
The Trees and Landscape section is based within the Community Services Department.
The service is responsible for managing the tree stock within the district; responding to planning applications and providing advice; developing and overseeing Management Plans (Greenspace Action Plans) for key parks and open spaces; and supporting the Council in achieving key objectives linked to the Tree Strategy and the Climate Change & Sustainability Strategy.
This is an exciting new role, offering the successful candidate the opportunity to shape community engagement in biodiversity activities across the district. They will be responsible for a range of activities including planning and delivering a community engagement programme, including activities such as:
- Guided walks and nature activities for local communities and groups on TRDC open spaces
- Assisting with production of a new Biodiversity Strategy for Three Rivers district and supporting delivery of the Councils Tree Strategy and Climate Change Emergency & Sustainability Strategy Manager
- Leavesden HIVE and the bookings for the building
You will be based at Leavesden Country Park but with outreach across the district at other sites, including Croxley Common Moor, Chorleywood House Estate, Rickmansworth Aquadrome, and Oxhey Woods.
What we are looking for:
A motivated, organised and enthusiastic individual, who has the required knowledge, skills and experience to provide advice and guidance on all things biodiversity related and to work with community groups on an exciting and engaging activity programme.
You will have:
- Ecology or Natural Sciences degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of current biodiversity legislation and regulations
- Ability to communicate clearly to a variety of professionals as and when required (both verbally and written)
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills
- Knowledge of health and safety, particularly in relation to public open spaces and volunteer work experience at public open spaces and volunteer work
- At least 2/3 years relevant work experience
- Experience of delivering community/ environmental / biodiversity related projects
- Marketing and publicity experience
Current driving licence and personal transport are essential.
Closing Date: Monday 8th November 2021
Interviews: Thursday 18th November 2021
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Alex Laurie, Principal Trees and Landscapes Officer.
An Enhanced DBS check will be carried out for this post.
Closing Date: 08/11/2021 Location: Rickmansworth