Conservation Contracts North West
Plant and Machinery Operative
Salary: £17-19,000 pa
Location: Throughout the North West of England
What do we do?
Conservation Contracts North West is based in Horwich and is a professional environmental contracting and consulting firm, specialising in habitat management on all aspects of environmentally & ecologically sensitive projects across the north of England, as well as undertaking project work further afield.
We provide an integrated and comprehensive service for local authorities, government agencies, commercial clients, community groups, utility companies and land owners, working in partnership to improve the natural environment.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Plant and Machinery Operative to strengthen our existing experienced teams.
The role responsibilities include the following:
- Carry out day-to-day implementation of maintenance and landscaping work on various sites across the north west of England.
- To operate mobile plant (360 Excavator & Dumpers) to aid implementation and provide support for the delivery of conservation projects on CCNW sites.
- Have previous experience of rural groundwork, hard and soft landscaping.
- Maintaining, rebuilding or installing public rights of way and bridleways
- Pond, river/wetland creation, maintenance and anti-erosion.
- To be responsible for CCNW’s local resources (premises, vehicles, plant, equipment, tools, materials, PPE and uniform) and for ensuring they are maintained, serviced and replaced as appropriate.
- To ensure all practical work is carried out adhering to all health and safety procedures.
- Trained and competent in the use of mobile plant within a range of varying habitats (including wetlands and peatbogs) would be desirable.
- Have an active interest in the outdoor environment.
- Have a full driving licence that enables you to drive in the UK and have access to private transport with the ability to tow trailers B & E.
- Flexibility and a ‘can do’ attitude are essential and carrying out any other reasonable duties required to perform the job role and to assist the management team in achieving CCNW’s Objectives as directed by the Operations Manager.
- To assist the Operations Manager in effectively communicating company policies, practices and procedures to junior staff
- Wear presentable company branded uniform and PPE and represent the company in a responsible and mature manner at all times (including when using company vehicles) and when communicating using company telephones and using company email accounts
Experience required for this role
Must have previous operational experience on the following machines; 360 excavator 1.5 – 22t, wheeled and tracked dumpers
CSCS /NPOORS or equivalent cards Essential (Minimum requirement 360 excavator up 10t)
Practical conservation or relevant qualification in conservation/ countryside/ environment knowledge although not essential.
Willingness to be trained on other machines.
What do we offer?
- Starting salary on a scale £17,000-£19,000p.a. (depending on qualifications and experience)
- 29 days leave (includes Bank Holidays)
- Comprehensive training package
- Supportive working environment
- Uniform & PPE
Please go to our website (www.ccnw.info) and complete the application form. The application form, C.V. and a covering letter should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Personnel Department, Conservation Contracts North West Ltd, 29-31 Lee Lane, Horwich, Bolton BL6 7AX.
Deadline & Interviews
The deadline for applications June 2021
Closing Date: 04/05/2021 Location: North West