This is a voluntary role
National Biodiversity Network
The NBN provides digital infrastructure to facilitate the sharing of wildlife information in the UK. By providing access to the information people need about wildlife, informed decisions can be made to ensure our natural environment is diverse and sustainable now and in the future.
The Trust is looking for a new Trustee who will also act as Treasurer, a key responsibility which is crucial to the good financial governance of the Trust. This is a voluntary position which is likely to require a commitment of approximately 18 days per year with some days requiring travel to London for weekday meetings. Trustees are appointed for an initial three-year term, with an option to renew for a second term.
Honorary Treasurer’s duties:
- Chairing Financial and Management Committee (FMC) meetings and reporting back to the trustees at Board meetings;
- Acting as a counter signatory as per the bank mandate and limits as laid out in the financial memorandum
With the support of FMC:
- Monitoring and advising on the financial viability of the charity;
- Overseeing the implementation of and monitoring financial systems;
- Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan;
- Making fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Overseeing the financial affairs of the organisation and ensuring they are legal, constitutional, within accepted accounting practice and in compliance with the governing document.
- Overseeing the charity’s risk-management process;
- Overseeing the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Knowledge and experience of current financial practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management.
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Knowledge of auditing and risk management
- Experience of handling financial matters and ability to fulfil the Treasurer’s responsibilities
- Ability to communicate information to the Board of Trustees and wider Network when required
For more information and to apply click here