Health and Wellbeing Project Manager
Salary: £27,574 - £30,590 Pro Rata
Contract: 1 year, 22.5 hrs p/w
The relationship between nature and our own wellbeing has never had such a sharp focus. The pandemic has highlighted how much the natural world means to millions of people. We aim to identify opportunities to link nature to new, more holistic approaches to health care.
If you have a passion to help those with health problems, a background in the public health sector and would like to lead a pioneering area of work, this role needs you!
- The point of contact for key Green Social Prescribing staff based in the NHS in England, attend meetings concerning our involvement in these and other developing partnerships.
- Research existing H&W work to complement our own.
- Devise guidance for England teams on how to operationalise GSP and other H&W interventions, with learnings shared with the other three UK countries and UKHQ.
- Capture learnings and develop an interim country activity model to deliver quality H&W interventions, to be scaled up and further developed by UKHQ.
- Report progress via highlights reporting to RSPB governance structures.
- Devise and share an interim monitoring and reporting system for H&W work in England.
- Provide guidance and expertise on quality H&W interventions to area teams.
- Set up a working group of England staff currently working in H&W
- Represent the RSPB at additional Health and Nature forums.
- Liaise with communications staff to identify stories/outcomes which highlight this work.
- Recruit and line manage the Events Officers and the volunteer project
- Identify and develop training needs for staff and volunteers.
- Liaise with key stakeholders within the RSPB.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Experience of working within the health sector, with demonstrable knowledge of NHS structures and ways of working.
- Experience of developing and implementing new initiatives relating to health and wellbeing.
- Project Management experience, including data gathering and report writing.
- Networking – internally and externally – liaise with a range of contacts throughout England, bringing people together to a shared vision, integrating health and nature.
- Ability to develop a coherent framework for the RSPB’s H&W work for area teams.
- Experience of volunteer recruitment and management.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills. Able to manage and deliver a diverse workload ensuring effective prioritisation and balancing of the needs of a range of stakeholders.
Closing: 20 June
Closing Date: 20/06/2021 Location: Flexible - England