Chilterns Conservation Board
Business Support Officer
Location: CCB offices, Chinnor (Covid-dependent)
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (12 months fixed term contract)
Reports to: Development & Funding Manager, Chilterns Conservation Board
Responsible for: No line management
Contracts and consultants on an occasional basis
About this role
We are looking for a well-organised individual to support the smooth running of the Chilterns Conservation Board (CCB). This is a varied and dynamic role working across multiple work areas and projects, supporting the Chief Executive Officer, Chair and Senior Team to help the CCB scale up its work and achieve greater impact for the Chilterns AONB. The role will include elements of executive support, office and operations management, HR admin and event organisation and logistics. The role will also involve managing, implementing and reviewing key organisational processes and procedures, as well as supporting our project work and reporting to grant funders.
You’ll be highly efficient with the skills and ability to manage a range of operations functions and support senior-level staff. The CCB is home to an interconnected team of core and project staff, so you will also be someone who enjoys and is adept at juggling multiple projects and pitching in where help is needed. You will be a self-starter who is comfortable working proactively with limited supervision. You’ll be excited about working in this sector, with a desire to innovate and grow with the organisation, and will bring energy, enthusiasm and experience to help the team work more efficiently and increase its impact and influence.
Roles and responsibilities:
Executive and project support
- Provide business and administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and Senior Team across a range of projects and initiatives, which may include: supporting the introduction and delivery of a new Farming in Protected Landscapes grant scheme; the development of Nature Recovery Plans and work to support the Chilterns AONB Partnership.
- Tasks may include: event planning and management, diary management, drafting documents, presentations and reports, researching and collating information, organising internal and external meetings and providing project administrative support.
- Project specific support may include meeting organisation and minute taking, procurement
- support and report creation - e.g. annual report, reports to funders, financial reporting and assisting with grant claims, along with supporting the development of new and existing projects, fundraising and income generation activities.
- Act on the behalf of and represent the Chief Executive Officer and Senior Team as required, including the management of calls, enquiries and requests, attending meetings and producing notes and minutes as required.
Office/committee/board meeting support
- Support the Chief Executive Officer in the effective governance of the organisation, overseeing the scheduling of Board and other CCB meetings and preparing papers, and providing administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and Chair as required (including undertaking research, collating information, drafting papers and taking minutes).
- Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the administrative team, take responsibility for facilities management and use of CCB premises, including matters relating to lease management, insurance, rent negotiation, risk assessments and health and safety.
- Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the administrative team, review, refresh and maintain office procedures and processes to ensure the smooth day to day running of the Conservation Board’s office, including risk assessments and data protection.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as may be reasonably allocated from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer.
For further information and details on how to apply, please click here
Closing Date: 30/06/2021 Location: CCB offices, Chinnor