Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust
Estate Worker - Isle of Wight
The Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust is a grassroots movement working for nature's recovery and to bring people closer to nature.
"Our vision for a wilder future is beautiful and vital!"
We want great places to live that are good for people and good for wildlife.
We want nature to be normal, for children to grow up with wild green spaces to explore.
We want to restore and re-wild our land and sea and tip the balance in favour of nature.
We know this is what's needed for our food, oxygen, physical and mental health, our prosperity and for a strong and vibrant society.
We know that nature's recovery can help tackle the climate crisis.
Our future has to be wilder!
We are seeking an Estate Worker to join our cause.
This role includes the following:
- Assisting in ensuring the effective and coordinated delivery of practical conservation on our nature reserves on the Isle of Wight.
- Overseeing the IOW reserves volunteers, managing on-the-ground works and recruiting new volunteers to the team.
- Working with the Director of Estates & Conservation Delivery and Senior Reserves Manager to ensure compliance with our legal and contractual obligations and ensure Trust policies are adhered to.
- Assisting with the administration of reserves work and the monitoring of budgets according to Trust procedures.
You will have:
- A high degree of practical skills including certificates of competence for chainsaw, and brushcutter, and, ideally, a certificate of competence in the use of tractors & tractor mounted machinery. You will also need livestock handling skills.
- A full driving licence
- Educated to at least tertiary level or equivalent
- A good level of professional judgement and a good understanding of ecological principles.
- A good understanding of the complex nature of the management of nature reserves
- Good interpersonal skills inclusive of being a confident communicator.
- A very good level of physical fitness
- Willingness to work unsocial hours, including regular evening and weekend work.
Note: A DBS check is required for this role
For more information and to apply click here
Closing date: 5th July 2021
Closing Date: 05/07/2021 Location: Isle of Wight