Part Time Learning Officer
Location: Dearne Valley – Old Moor
Salary: £22,986 - £25,500 pro rata
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance and Annual Leave
This is a fantastic opportunity to inspire a generation of children at RSPB Old Moor in the Dearne Valley. Connecting children to nature through environmental education is a core part of the work and we're
looking for an educator to join our team.
What’s the role about?
- Delivering RSPB curriculum linked programmes to early years, primary schools etc.
- Delivering programmes to a number of pupils.
- Recruiting/developing/leading learning assistants and volunteers to assist in the facilitation of school visits and delivery of sessions.
- Actively promoting the Schools on Reserves programme.
- Organising and planning a balanced timetable of school group visits to the site.
- Collating and inputting booking information onto the RSPB’s education database.
- Ensuring the teaching/learning provision at the reserve meets the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge standards.
- Ensuring maintenance of teaching equipment and resources.
- Deliver non-curriculum linked visitor engagement.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Ecological and natural history knowledge
- Knowledge of environmental education delivery methods and an understanding of different teaching and learning styles appropriate to the outdoor setting.
- Understanding of Health & Safety and Safeguarding issues with regards to outdoor education.
- Excellent communication skills and a confident educator and able to teach young people.
- Confident at networking with educational stakeholders.
- Organisational and planning ability to facilitate the delivery of the education programme.
- Able to interpret national programmes to ensure inspiring sessions maximise the potential of the reserve.
- Working through the National Curriculum to deliver environmental education.
- Organising and delivering school groups activities on a nature reserve or similar.
- Managing seasonal staff and developing education volunteers in environmental educational delivery on nature reserves or similar
This is a permanent, part-time role for 22.5 hours per week. These hours will usually be weekdays, and some flexibility to accommodate school booking requirements will be necessary. You'll work at the reserve, either outdoors or in the office. Typically, Tuesday to Thursday, with some flexibility required around school bookings.
Closing Date: 22:59, 26 January 2022
We're looking to conduct interviews for this position from 31st January.
This role will require completion of a DBS in addition to the standard pre-employment checks.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply click here
No agencies please.
Closing Date: 26/01/2022 Location: Dearne Valley - Old Moor, Barnsley