South West Lakes Trust
Area: Burrator Reservoir, near Plymouth
Type: Full time 40 hours per week
Salary: £20,800 per annum
Report: Responsible to Visitor Experience Manager
- As an essential part of the broader Visitor Experience Team of staff and volunteers on Dartmoor, you will take the lead in managing safe, welcoming and inspirational access to outdoor recreation opportunities, our land and facilities at Burrator Reservoir (and other Dartmoor lakes)
- Recreation Rangers deliver the essential routine tasks and emergency response necessary to protect biodiversity and maintain safe public access and sustainable recreation across our estate. You will help ensure compliance with statutory aspects such as the Conservation Access and Recreation Code of Practice, as well as compliance with the Charity’s Integrated Management Plans.
- You will share and aspire to our vision -
- “Our people, places and experiences we offer, will inspire this and future generations to love and benefit from the environment”
- You will lead our mission at a local level –
- “South West Lakes cares for natural and historic environments, providing health, social and wellbeing benefits for individuals and communities”
- You will believe that engaging with the natural environment enables people to grow
- You can engage confidently with our visitors and your colleagues.
- You understand the advantages of being part of a forward thinking team of staff and volunteers.
- You are passionate about the outdoors and understand the many reasons that our visitors choose to spend their time at our lakes.
- You love working with people, being inspired and inspiring them.
- You will have experience of identifying opportunities and making them happen.
- The ability to work flexibly and unsocial hours
For further details and to apply, please visit our website
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Midnight 06 February 2022
Closing Date: 06/02/2022 Location: Burrator Reservoir, near Plymouth