Norbury Park Estate
We have a vacancy for a motivated, enthusiastic Forestry Foreman to help manage our inhouse forestry team, reporting to the Head Forester.
Norbury Park Estate is a 1500 acre mixed forestry and farming estate based in Staffordshire. The estate is host to innovative management techniques and research projects and has planted over 150 hectares of new woodland since 2009 and possess roughly the same amount of mature and semi mature woodland.
- To oversee and manage the estate forestry team along with a small fleet of forestry vehicles.
- To monitor health and safety and quality in all aspects of forestry works.
- To oversee the production of approximately 1000m3 of firewood and 400m3 of woodchip per annum.
- To assist in the management of approx. 350 acres of new plantations and 350 acres of mature woodland.
- To undertake manual tasks including chainsaw, strimmer, woodchipper, winch and flail use.
- To oversee and undertake general estate maintenance projects such as fencing, road repairs and mowing.
Experience and Knowledge required:
- Experience of forestry works from plantation maintenance to thinning and harvesting.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of basic forestry equipment and machinery.
- Understanding of good forestry practice and relevant health and safety legislation.
- responsible and safety conscious
- agile and physically fit
- team focused, but also confident working independently
- able to follow oral and written instructions
- able to communicate and work effectively with colleagues and others
- resourceful and mechanically minded
- well organised
- persistent and good at solving problems
- aware of hazards and safety requirements in forestry operations
- willing to work in all weather conditions
- Full driving licence
Salary: £30-£35k depending on experience. .
How to apply:
To apply or request further information please email a C.V and covering letter to:
Alex Malkin (Head Forester)
Delete Date: 23/09/2022 Location: ST20 0PP