North Devon AONB
Finding Nature’s Footprints Project Assistant
Are you a recent graduate looking to gain valuable on the job experience?
The Finding Nature’s Footprints project has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Project Assistant, here in the North Devon AONB, who will support a range of surveying, conservation tasks and community engagement. The role offers full training and the opportunity to develop ecological skills such as species ID, survey methods and habitat management as well as the chance to gain experience of volunteer management and public engagement.
- Carry out species and habitat surveys (following training) working with the Project Coordinator, volunteers and partner organisations
- Develop skills in engaging with the general public
- Support practical nature conservation work and training courses with project volunteers, communities, and the general public
- Assist in the development and delivery of activities that provide a ‘connection with nature’ for a wide range of people including young adults, diverse cultural communities, people referred through green prescribing and schoolchildren
- Help organise and assist with public events such as Bioblitz, beach cleans and community wildlife audits
- Take part in communication activities, such as contributing to blog posts and social media posts, taking photographs and videos of your activities, and contributing to website content, newsletters and press releases
- Develop skills to assist with data entry into Excel spreadsheets, data analysis, online data recording and mapping software
- Assist with and, at times, oversee the organising of volunteers.
- Undertake any other duties as required within the general scope and grading of the post, as directed by the Project Coordinator
This role is part of the Graduate Business Partnership (GBP) Scheme and offers full-time flexible hours (36.5 hours per week) with some evening and weekend work, for 12 months. Occasional remote working possible, but main activity is outdoors in North Devon and Torridge.
For more information and how to apply: click here
For an informal chat about the role email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 388476.
Closing Date: 26/09/2022 Location: Barnstaple, Devon