Based at: Home / London office (hybrid home-working option)
Contract: Full -Time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000- £40,000
Department: Operations and Advocacy
Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking. This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
The Ramblers have a fantastic network of path volunteers across England and Wales, who help safeguard, expand and improve our walking network. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic volunteering officer who will support these key Ramblers volunteers. You will ensure that they are welcomed to their roles, provided with the tools, resources and knowledge they need. This is an exciting time to join the team, as we look to implement improvements on how we support our path volunteers. You will lead on improving how we measure the impact that our volunteers make to the path network and support local campaigning and influencing through building effective relationships with local authorities and professional bodies. The role will also include leading on processes to track and monitor legal changes to the network and a logical, and creative approach will be key.
Essential requirements include:
• Experience of working with and supporting volunteers or members (ideally with volunteers who work closely with local authorities or provide a case work function).
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, with the ability to manage projects and supervise the work of others (including volunteers) and a demonstrable commitment to customer service.
• Ability to identify the key issues, frame an issue or argument, manage conflicting viewpoints, and advise on the best course of action.
• Strong communication skills, ability to deliver workshops and/or training and to influence others.
• Strong analytical skills and proven ability to interpret complex information and present it to lay and professional audiences.
• A commitment to driving improvement and experience of implementing enhanced processes in the capturing, dissemination and presenting of data (ideally related to the impact of volunteering action).
• Experience of developing, building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders.
• Strong team player with a commitment to collaborative working.
• Flexibility to attend the London office approximately once per month / as and when required.
Interviews: w/c 27.09.21
A Job Pack with full job profile can be found on our website.
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26/09/2021 Location: London Office