Visitor Experience Officer
Visitor Experience Officer
Salary: £18,250.00 - £20,246.00 Pro Rata
Benefits: Pension, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata), Life Assurance
This is a Permanent, Part-Time role for 15 hours per week.
Please note that this role includes working weekends (more so during term time), bank holidays and school holidays, so there is a need for some flexibility of days of work. A work rota is drawn up a month in advance. Lone working may also occasionally be required.
We are looking for a part-time (2 days per week), permanent Visitor Experience Officer at RSPB Conwy to ensure that everyone of our visitors has a high-quality visitor experience. Working with the Visitor Experience Manager and wider reserve team, you will develop an exciting and inspiring programme of income generating events and trails that help connect the reserve's visitors to nature and encourage them to support the work of the RSPB through membership.
You will be:
- Working with colleagues to ensure the effective, efficient and safe running of the reserve, guaranteeing a high quality, on-brand, visitor experience.
- Working with the Visitor Experience Manager to achieve financial targets from wildlife events and to achieve Key Performance Indicators such as Nature Connection targets.
- Expected to ensure every visitor has positive and memorable contact with staff and volunteers, whether they are individuals, small groups, large groups, school groups, people with disabilities, families etc,
- Managing, supporting, and recruiting volunteers to deliver elements of the visitor operation on the reserve
- Assisting with and leading the facilitation of family activities and events, contributing ideas and suggestions to enhance the visitor experience.
- Supporting the reserves use of social media to help promote wildlife events and trails.
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
- Experience of delivering an exemplar visitor or customer service experience.
- Ability to enthuse people to support wildlife and nature with good people engagement and communication skills
- Experience of managing volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- Good problem-solving skills and be able to work on own initiative
- Ability to manage and respond quickly to customer needs and feedback
- Ability to work as part of a team, to motivate and inspire people
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Desirable skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Previous experience of planning and delivering events
Closing : 23:59, 26 September 2021
Interviews: Fri 8 Oct 2021.
To complete your online application for this vacancy, click here
Closing Date: 26/09/2021 Location: Conwy