Flexible - Watford - Hertfordshire
40 hours/week (Mon-Fri)
Closing date for applications November 1st, 2021
Due to continued growth we are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Sales Person with a landscaping background at our location in Radlett in Hertfordshire. Glendale’s Civic Trees operates on a national basis from its base in Radlett, Hertfordshire.
We are looking for dynamic people to join and enhance our sales team at our Civic Tree business. You will be reviewing incoming enquiries, preparing, processing and estimating costs for commercial landscape contracts as well as learning about our Tree planting and relocation business.
- At its core, Civic Trees is a specialist company dealing with semi-mature tree supply, planting and relocation to a significant and prestigious client base. This is a unique business that fuses a passion for trees, landscapes, heavy engineering and problem solving to create amazing spaces for clients with a passion for the environment.
The successful candidate will work to their own initiative and organise resources to deliver an effective service delivery including:
- Analyse clients BOQs and technical specifications
- Extract information from tender drawings including taking off quantities both manually and using IT software
- Compiling bills of quantities
- Collate quotations to calculate materials, equipment and labour costs
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Utilise several computing packages and online tendering portals
- Preparing and submitting compliant tenders to meet required deadlines
- Liaise with other departments to assist in the handover of projects
- Following up on tender submissions
- Working alone and as part of a team the successful candidate will have a can-do attitude, the ability to work using their initiative and follow instructions from colleagues
- Candidates will have experience in the landscape industry and demonstrate
- The ability to use technology and to cost estimates and provide quotations.
- Requiring genuine commitment, this position offers an exciting challenge and a chance for a highly motivated team player to advance their career within a stable working environment in a successful growing company.
- A full driving licence is essential to attend site visits on a national basis, and if you have a CSCS card this will be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have:
- Good awareness of tendering and the estimating process
- A high level of IT proficiency, particularly within Microsoft Excel
- Excellent numerical skills
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Able to demonstrate professional communications at all levels
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
What can Glendale offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day-to-day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
Glendale is a well-established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
How to Apply
If you feel like you could bring some fresh ideas to the table we want to hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV to: email@example.com
Glendale is one of the largest green space management service providers in the UK and specialises in tree care and management, grounds maintenance and landscaping. For more information click here
Follow us on Twitter @GlendaleUK
Closing Date: 01/11/2021 Location: Watford