Essex County Council
£19,631 - £23,096
Mon-Fri but can include weekend work
At Essex County Council, Culture and Green Spaces will deliver exceptional customer experiences, demonstrating the benefit of Essex’s strategic location, with the objective of developing a financially sustainable operation.
The Ranger is responsible for effectively managing the green spaces, enhancing conservation across the landscape and horticultural value in line with the requirement, to achieve a high quality of land management. In addition, ensuring that the sites are a safe and well-presented environment for the visiting public. Rangers deliver customer service which includes activities, events, community involvement and special interest groups.
- Undertake and participate in a range of projects to contribute to the effectiveness of activities and share knowledge and expertise on all country park activities.
- Contribute to creating a safe environment for visitors by conducting regular checks of the country parks and to ensure it is a clean and safe environment for all visitors and users.
- Responsible for aspects of the day to day operation of the site and its facilities, ensuring the site is well presented and maintained at all times, good repair regimes and clear work programmes are followed.
- Contribute to the management of the land to enhance its nature conversation, habitat and landscape management, historic features and structures, for recreational and amenity value to achieve a high quality of land management to support the sites management plan and contribute to maintaining the Greenflag status across all sites.
- Contribute to ensuring country parks meet all legislative requirements including all byelaws, health and safety and other relevant legislation, carrying out regular Health and Safety checks
- Educated to degree level in countryside management or equivalent by experience in country park management.
- Understanding and experience of ecological/habitat management and the Country Parks ethos and commitment to promoting enjoyment of the countryside.
- Experience of planning and managing resources, including staff and services, arranging for purchases as required.
- Experience of maximising income generation.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees - www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
To apply, please visit our website here.
Closing date: 30 September 2021.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
Closing Date: 30/09/2021 Location: Brentwood, Essex