Moor House Upper Teesdale NNR Reserve Manager
Natural England is seeking to recruit a professional and highly motivated individual to work as a Reserve Manager working primarily at Moor House-Upper Teesdale NNR based at Widdy Bank Farm NNR Base in Forest-in-Teesdale, County Durham, but with some responsibilities at Muckle Moss and Derwent Gorge & Muggleswick NNRs.
Typical working pattern will be 37 hours per week, Monday - Thursday 8.15am to 4.15pm and Friday 8.15am to 4pm, but also possibly including a monthly weekend volunteer group tasks and some weekend and evening events for the public.
The role involves a considerable amount of practical management, working with various plant, machinery and equipment and outside in all weathers and on challenging terrain.
Key tasks/principal accountabilities:
- Co-ordinate, manage and deliver, where appropriate, the day to day operations at specified National Nature Reserves in accordance with agreed management plans, under the supervision of the Senior Reserve Manager.
- Co-ordinate and deliver the agreed programme of monitoring and recording of NNR management and its outcomes, including maintaining appropriate corporate recording systems.
- Manage budgets assigned to the Reserves and provide reports as needed; as well as contribute to income generation opportunities where appropriate.
- Provide advice and support to the Senior Reserve Manager in producing and revising Management Plans and any annual work programmes.
- Assist with ‘health and safety’ management including maintaining servicing and records, risk and COSHH assessment.
- Support volunteer input to the Reserve – managing volunteers, carrying out new and existing practical work, including being responsible for the recruitment and health and safety of volunteers.
- Lead on signage updates and delivery.
- Act as principal contact point and provide regular communications with communities and stakeholders, referring complex or contentious issues to the Senior Reserve Manager or Team Leader.
- Develop and undertake programmes of public engagement that build the support of visitors and local communities.
- Design and deliver work programmes through volunteers and contractors, working within Natural England’s policies and procedures, and supervise delivery of such projects.
- Work with partners to identify, develop and deliver opportunities for joint delivery of engagement opportunities and projects
For further information please sign into Civil Service Jobs and follow the link: 3601 - Moor House Upper Teesdale NNR Reserve Manager - CSJ Job Description
Closing Date: 19/09/2021 Location: Langdon Beck, nr. Barnard Castle, Co. Durham