Forest Ranger - Education and Learning
Salary: £19,680 - £24,789
Location: Hainault Forest
Closing Date: 26th September 2021
Interview Date: TBC
The National Lottery Heritage Funded, Hainault Forest Project, is looking to restore the once vast medieval landscape of the Great Forest of Essex, creating a vastly improved visitor experience in the process. One of the projects key outcomes is delivering a range of activity, from volunteering, events, workshops, training and provision for schools. We are looking for a creative and innovative officer, to join the Forest Rangers, in developing and leading, the projects activity plan. For this role, the candidate will also be lead on creation of school resources and creation of the Forests outdoor classroom.
- To further develop and deliver the Hainault Forest Project Activity Plan
- To develop and lead on a programme of activities for schools and outdoor learning
- To develop a programme of activities to develop skills within the local community
- To create and manage a Ranger Pack resource at Hainault Forest and the development of the landscape and facilities for an outdoor Forest classroom
- To protect, manage, enhance and interpret the Forest landscape, preserving its wildness and naturalness.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team to integrate the site management plan with activity, leading on small access improvement projects, improved signage and interpretation, habitat improvement and community outreach.
- To assist in the operational running of the Forest, including litter picking, grounds maintenance, minor maintenance, work on the farm and H& S inspections as required.
- To hold an appropriate environmental qualification or have work experience in a related discipline
- Experience of developing and delivering innovative events programmes and activity
- Experience of working in partnership with various organisations and educational institutions
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Experience of interpreting and promoting the natural environment to a wide range of people
- Experience of countryside management operations
- Ability to work on a Rota system, to include working evenings and weekends
- Ability to be available outside normal working hours, appropriate to work requirements
For further information regarding the role please email Ruth Pinner at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the position please send your CV and covering letter to VisionRecruitment@visionrcl.org.uk
Closing Date: 26/09/2021 Location: Hainault Forest Country Park