Canterbury Oast Trust
Farm and Attraction Worker
We are seeking to recruit a great Farm and Attraction Worker to join our team working on the farm at The Rare Breeds Centre.
You will undertake general farm work, ensure the wellbeing of livestock and maintain animal enclosures.
As a Farm and Attraction Worker you will also assist with providing the Centre's daily visitor events and ensure the smooth and safe running of the Centre as a visitor attraction.
The Rare Breeds Centre and Canterbury Oast Trust
The South of England Rare Breeds Centre is a busy tourist attraction with more than 110,000 visitors a year. The Farm is a great day out to see traditional rare breed animals, play in the parks, and ride on the tractor.
This supports the work of the Canterbury Oast Trust, a leading local charity providing high quality care and support for adults with learning disabilities across Kent and East Sussex. It also provides valuable training opportunities for the adults with learning disabilities enabling them to develop their animal management or horticultural and customer service skills.
The Farm and Attraction Worker vacancy
- Annual salary £17,375 pa plus weekend allowance
- The role is 37.5 hours per week (0800-1630) (working alternate weekends with 2 days off before or after your working weekend)
The Farm and Attraction Worker Role
- To assist in the smooth running of the Centre, as a farm, visitor attraction and life skills provider
- Assisting in the care and wellbeing of farm animals, ensuring livestock have fresh water, food and clean/dry bedding
- To ensure livestock are in good health
- To organise and present positively and safely the daily events such as "meet the animals" sessions, pig racing and trailer rides
- To ensure the farm area is kept tidy and presentable
- To assist in supporting and working alongside adults with learning disabilities as they develop their animal management and customer service skills
- Maintaining livestock enclosures and fences
- Driving farm vehicles, including tractors and ancillaries, as required
As a Farm and Attraction Worker, in addition to having values and behaviours that match our own, you will ideally have:
- One years' experience of working with and handling a range of small and large livestock
- A good practical knowledge and approach to daily work on a livestock farm
- Good working knowledge of farm tasks, including repair and maintenance work
- Proficiency and experience of driving tractors and ancillary attachments
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and farm machinery
- Experience of working with/alongside adults with learning disabilities
- A friendly and engaging personality
- A good team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- 22 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays; Additional annual leave for 3,4 and 5 years continuous service
- Paid DBS check
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Free entry to Rare Breeds Centre - 2 adults & 2 children
All appointments are subject to:
- proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service
- two satisfactory references (one of which must be from your current or most recent employer)
- a full and detailed employment history
- full manual driving licence, be over 21 and have held your full licence for at least one year
If you believe you have the right values and behaviours for our organisation and you meet the requirements of this Farm and Attraction Worker role then we would love to hear from you.
Interviews will be held face to face in a socially distanced environment and in adherence with Covid-19 protocols.
This advert will close on 17th September 2021. However we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
- Previous applicants of this Farm and Attraction Worker role need not apply.
To apply please click here
Closing Date: 17/09/2021 Location: Woodchurch