Bovey Tracey, Devon
Dartmoor National Park Authority is the body that oversees the vibrant, living, working landscape and community that is Dartmoor.
- Salary of £59,831 - £65,651 per annum
- Flexible working arrangements
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
As a Director of Conservation and Communities, you will provide the vision, strategic leadership, and management of the Authority's land management (farming, ecology, archaeology, and cultural heritage) and visitor management (access and recreation, rangers, outreach, and engagement) functions.
Developing and fostering partnerships that help further National Park purposes, you will actively communicate and promote the work of the Authority and the importance of the National Park to different audiences.
You will help to ensure that subject specialists across the Authority work together to provide integrated advice that is fully cognisant of National Park purposes and duty, National Park Management Plan goals and Business Plan priorities.
Contributing to the strategic direction, achievement and standing of the Authority, you will also contribute to corporate activity within National Parks England (the umbrella organisation representing all National Parks and the Broads in England) and to National Parks Partnerships (a fundraising vehicle for the 15 UK National Parks).
To join us as our Director of Conservation and Communities, you will need:
- A minimum of 10 years post qualification experience at a senior management level within the environment sector, including the management of staff, budgets, and development of policy and income generation
- Experience of partnership development, including working with local communities, other public sector bodies and third sector organisations
- Knowledge and experience of project management
- Knowledge and experience of income generation with a focus on bid writing and project development
- A proven record of negotiating at a partnership level
- Excellent ICT skills and proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Teams)
- To be educated to degree level in a relevant subject
Closing date: Wednesday 15 September 2021
Interview date: Thursday 30 September 2021
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Director of Conservation and Communities, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 15/09/2021 Location: Bovey Tracey