We are recruiting for a Countryside Ranger to work on the Dorenell Windfarm in Moray, Scotland. The windfarm is part of energy giant EDF's onshore wind portfolio.. Operating a portfolio of 36 wind farms and battery storage unit they are providing some of the much needed new affordable, low carbon electricity to the UK.
The Dorenell Ranger Service is based at the Dorenell Visitor Centre in the Lower Cabrach in Moray. The role of the Countryside Ranger will primarily be to assist the Access Ranger with the operation of the Visitor Centre; deliver environmental education in local schools; and undertake environmental monitoring on Dorenell wind farm.
Scope of Role
- Checking people counters
- Community engagement
- Delivering guided walks and talks
- Working with schools/colleges/universities and other groups or individuals to deliver outdoor learning and promote responsible access to the countryside
- Working with other stakeholders and groups to run events
- Promoting the work of EDF Renewables, the Ranger Service and encouraging people to lead a healthier lifestyle by getting outdoors and connecting with nature while exploring ways to protect it.
- Day to day operation of the Dorenell Visitor Centre and trailheads.
- Preparation of visitor information and interpretation
- General site tidiness including manual snow clearing and gritting
- Undertaking environmental survey work on Dorenell windfarm
- Ornithological walk over and fixed-point surveys
- Vegetation monitoring
- Minor maintenance of waymarked trails
- Maintenance of gates and waymakers
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working as a countryside ranger.
- Experience of undertaking habitat and wildlife surveys.
- Experience delivering environmental education and guided walks.
- Clean Full UK Driving Licence
- Good understanding and awareness of outdoor health & safety.
- Confident to manage challenging situations
- Comfortable working with the public
- Basic IT literacy (Including all basic Microsoft packages)
- Experience of remote team working
- Natural communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative, enthusiastic and self-motivated
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to John Shepherd, Client Service Manager at Rullion, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion’s approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Closing Date: 15/09/2021 Location: Moray