Assistant Warden - North Suffolk Coast Reserves
Salary: £22,986.00 - £25,500.00
Permanent, Full Time
Would you like to help manage the RSPB's most biodiverse reserve?
Key areas of work:
- Habitat management as defined by the reserves' management plans and agri-environment agreements to ensure conservation targets are met.
- Maintenance of tools and machinery
- Repair and maintenance of buildings and estate infrastructure
- Monitoring of key species and habitats to enable performance to be measured and reviewed against management plan targets.
- Managing, mapping and storing data, ensuring this can be accessed by the wider team and organisation.
- Maintaining high standards of health and safety
- Developing, leading, and managing an effective team of volunteers
- Collaborating with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with ensuring legal compliance of conservation and land management operations.
- Planning and implementing small projects.
- General administration and report writing
- Assisting with off-reserve work in collaboration with RSPB Conservation Officers and a wide-range of other NGO's and partners.
- Experience of practical land management and delivering estate management tasks.
- Experience in the safe operation and maintenance of machinery, tools and equipment.
- Experience of managing and leading volunteers.
- Ecological knowledge of reedbed, heathland and wet and dry grasslands.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven time management and organisational skills.
- Working unsupervised for extended periods, as part of a team or leading a team.
- Experience implementing risk assessments and updating health and safety records.
- Problem solving skills, creating well thought through practical solutions.
- LANTRA, or equivalent qualification, in the safe use of brushcutter.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Full, manual driving licence valid in the UK.
- Experience of biological monitoring and surveying.
- Knowledge of woodland/scrub management.
- LANTRA, or equivalent qualification, in the safe use of tractors and trailed equipment, Pesticides (PA1 and PA6AW), chainsaw and ATV.
- Experience of using GIS mapping software.
- Knowledge of the requirements of agri-environment and cross-compliance regulations.
- Previous experience of working in the Environmental or land management sectors.
Closing date: 23:59, 26 September 2021
Interviews week commencing 4th October 2021.
To apply please click here
No agencies please.
Closing Date: 26/09/2021 Location: Minsmere