Assistant Retail Manager
Assistant Retail Manager
Location: Leighton Moss, Carnforth
Salary: £18,100.00 - £20,080.00 Pro Rata
Part-time role working 30 hours per week. The shop is open from 9.30 am to 5 pm, 7 days a week, so regular weekend and bank holiday working will be required.
RSPB's Leighton Moss retail store near Carnforth needs a new Assistant Retail Manager. We are looking for someone with a great personality and a strong retail and customer service background.
The successful candidate will help lead and motivate our team of staff and volunteers to maximise retail income generation.
- Ensure the retail store is delivering the highest standard of customer care.
- Work with the Retail Manager to achieve financial targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to deliver against retail store goals.
- Ensure the retail store is commercially merchandised according to the agreed layout.
- To be accountable for stock control and ensure appropriate stock levels are met.
- Ensure all retail administration, operating processes, security including cash handling and health and safety adheres to RSPB procedures.
- With the Retail Manager's direction, ensuring that all staff and volunteers are managed in accordance with RSPB guidelines and policy that result in efficient team working.
- In the manager's absence, to be responsible for the planning and efficient day to day running of the retail store operation.
- Working in conjunction with the Retail Manager, Visitor Operations Manager/Site Manager and Retail Area Consultant to ensure good management and overall profitability of the retail store.
- Working closely with the Retail Manager to manage the retail team to deliver retail KPIs.
- Working in conjunction with relevant Headquarters' teams, (Retail, HR, Finance) to ensure effective and efficient management of the retail store.
- Understanding of systems and procedures necessary to run a commercial retail operation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work loads.
- Strong influencing and motivational skills with the natural ability to inspire people at all levels.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience of working towards delivering targets and KPIs for a retail business.
- Retail experience either as a Supervisor/Assistant Manager
- Experience of working at a visitor attraction.
- Retail/retail management certificate.
- Awareness of equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace.
Closing date: 23:59, 29 September 2021
To apply click here
Closing Date: 29/09/2021 Location: Carnforth