National Environmental and Sustainability Manager
National (with hybrid working in England)
Oasis Community Learning was established in 2004 to create "Exceptional Education at the Heart of the Community". Beginning with three secondary schools in Enfield, Grimsby and Immingham, we have since grown into one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in England, a family of 52 primary, secondary and all-through academies in five regions across the country.
- A salary of £39,571 – £43,570 national, £41,586 – £44,576 outer London, or £42,336 - £46,392 inner London
- A highly competitive pension scheme with a Local Government pension provider
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days (plus 8 bank holiday days) per year, rising to 30 days (plus eight bank holiday days) after two years of service
- Actively supported personal and professional development (CPD)
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating work environment
What’s more, with hybrid working arrangements and a flexible location, you will find we are supportive of an ideal work/life balance.
As the National Environmental and Sustainability Manager, you will develop and implement our sustainability strategy across our 52 academies.
The main focus on the role will be to develop our strategy to become the most sustainable education organisation in the country. You will also create and lead a culture of good practice and community engagement and enhance the built environment and environment sustainability.
To be considered as the National Environmental and Sustainability Manager, you will need:
- Previous experience working within sustainability or the Education system
- Membership of an Environmental Association (e.g., IEMA, CIWM, CIBSE)
- Experience of managing and analysing energy consumption data
- The ability to influence key stakeholders on the practical impacts of sustainability
- Technical knowledge and experience in one or more sustainability areas including carbon/energy, waste, responsible sourcing, and related certification, e.g., BREEAM
- A genuine interest in and understanding of environmental issues, relevant legislation, and energy improvement strategies
- A degree or post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject (e.g., Environmental Sciences or Studies, Surveying, Geography)
Webrecruit and Oasis Community Learning are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
If you’re ready to take your next step as our National Environmental and Sustainability Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 07/10/2022 Location: National (with hybrid working in England)