RSS Countryside Management Ltd
Grounds Maintenance Supervisor
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team and lead by example carrying out a wide variety of tasks in grounds and land management.
We are a not-for-profit sharing company focusing on all aspects of countryside management. The organisation has emerged from Rural Skills Scotland Ltd. which has been delivering training and Apprenticeships in land-based qualifications across Scotland since 2015. Our staff are all experienced and provide professional services to a high standard. We are based in Fife but can work anywhere across Scotland.
Main purpose of the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Grounds Maintenance Supervisor to lead a team in Countryside Maintenance.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Line manage Maintenance Operatives and apprentices through the work that RSS Countryside Management does.
- Direct and monitor the Health and Safety of self and all staff. Utilise standard risk assessment protocol and clearly document work instructions in support of day-to-day activities.
- Work with appropriate Directors and Contracts Manager to ensure the work carried out is to the highest standard. This will include landscaping and maintenance activities such as: fencing, path and drainage work, sign installation, strimming/mowing, chemical spraying/injecting, general landscaping works
- Support and encourage staff and apprentices.
- Engage with training providers and partners to assist with supporting delivery of specific courses and learning.
- Be positive, professional, and enthusiastic about the landscape and its conservation.
- Carry out such duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post.
- Assist the Directors and Contracts Manager with the development of the business.
To apply please send C.V. and covering letter to the email below.
Closing date: 7th October 2022
For more information about the role and job description please contact us
Phone: 07554 827304
Or visit the website: www.rsscountrysidemanagement.com/news
Closing Date: 07/10/2022 Location: Fife