Community Engagement Officer (Part-Time, FTC)
This is a crucial moment in the development of both the National Forest and the National Forest Company, with a new 25-Year Vision for the National Forest, a new Corporate Plan for the Company, and a renewed focus and purpose in light of the urgency of climate change. 200 square miles, three decades, 9 million trees planted, and forest cover having increased from 6% to 22% - we have a track record of making things happen.
We’re currently looking for a part-time Community Engagement Officer to join us on a fixed-term contract from 17th October 2022 – 30th June 2025.
- Salary of £29,179 - £32,160 pro rata (£14,590 - £16,080 per annum)
- Staff bonuses
- Civil service pension scheme
- 30 days’ annual leave and 10.5 days’ public and privilege holidays (pro rata)
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working
As a Community Engagement Officer, you’ll lead the Charnwood Forest Landscape Partnership Scheme’s community engagement and outreach projects.
In this important role, you’ll enable our key target audiences and the wider public to explore and connect with the landscape and heritage of Charnwood Forest.
You will also lead the co-ordination of the volunteering programme, helping Partner organisations to integrate their volunteering offer and supporting them to create a change in the range and number of people taking part and giving time.
To join us as a Community Engagement Officer, you will need:
- A relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience gained within voluntary sector, environmental, health, sport, education, heritage or similar role
- Previous experience of developing effective community engagement activities and events
- Experience of recruiting, managing and co-ordinating volunteers
- Project planning and management experience, including budgets
- Knowledge of outreach and community engagement issues
- A collaborative approach and the ability to relate to and communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets
The closing date for applications is noon on 3rd October 2022, with interviews scheduled to be held on the week commencing 10th October 2022.
Working hours: 18.5 hours per week.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Community Engagement Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 03/10/2022 Location: Swadlincote