Apprentice Technical Officer (FTC)
The Regent’s Park, London
As the Royal Parks charity, we protect and conserve over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are: Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We are now looking for an Apprentice Technical Officer to join us for a three-year fixed-term contract working 36 hours per week, including one weekday-release to college.
- Salary of £29,001-£35,076 per annum, depending on experience
- 26 days' annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare plan
- Cycle to work scheme
As an Apprentice Technical Officer, you will support the day-to-day running of The Regent’s Park whilst qualifying for your Level 3 Landscape Technician apprenticeship.
Assisting in the management, maintenance, conservation, and protection of the natural environment, you will inspire people about the natural environment within The Regent’s Park.
You will also be involved in park operations and maintenance, issuing and monitoring contract work, approving payments, issuing work orders and checking their quality and attending pre-start meetings and site handovers.
Additionally, you will:
- Assist water management, including irrigation system maintenance water quality monitoring
- Assist with events and filming within the park
- Support Wildlife Officers in the development of pest control plans
- Help to review and display public communications including signage and social media
- Assist with the purchasing of horticultural consumables
- Develop and implement conservation, biodiversity and sustainability initiatives
- Support education and volunteer initiatives
To be considered as an Apprentice Technical Officer, you will need:
- Experience of landscape, countryside, amenity or park operations and/or management
- A basic understanding of relevant legislation, best practice and technical matters relating to landscapes, parks, horticulture, conservation or heritage
- Knowledge of Health and Safety principles, roles and responsibilities
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and competence in Microsoft Office suite (including Excel)
So, if you’re ready to step into a new role as an Apprentice Technical Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 02/10/2022 Location: London