Via East Midlands
Rights of Way Coordinator
Via currently has fantastic opportunity to join our Rights of Way Team as a Rights of Way Coordinator Officer based at Trent Bridge House in West Bridgford, Nottingham.
The successful candidate will manage the county's rights of way network to ensure it is open, safe and available for use by the public in line with statutory obligations, and to deliver the county’s Rights of Way Management Plan (ROWMP). The county is split geographically between the team and this role covers the south of the county.
Main responsibilities include:
- Plan a programme of maintenance and improvement works to ensure a safe and available network.
- Undertake and manage the design and implementation of Rights of Way maintenance and improvement works to achieve a quality programme within financial parameters.
- Investigate and respond to complaints and enquiries from colleagues, stakeholders and third parties, to ensure that the Authority's statutory duties are implemented as outlined in the ROWMP and to meet associated Via KPI's.
- Review and provide expert response on behalf of the client on planning, highway and other internal and external consultations including planning, to protect existing and provide future benefits to the RoW network.
- Understand and fulfil as appropriate, duties as client, designer and contractor to ensure adherence to health, safety and environmental legislation including CDM regulations, policy, best practise, best value and safeguarding staff, contractors and members of the public.
- Investigate, review and assess any infringement of the RoW network, in conjunction with the Rights of Way Enforcement Officer to enable the client to take remedial enforcement action to meet the statutory duty
- Maintain accurate asset records to facilitate network resource and performance management and provide evidence base supporting policies laid out in the ROWMP.
- Provide specialist technical knowledge and advice to other teams in the company, its clients and to outside organisations at a local level to support project delivery
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience of a wide range of rights of way management and maintenance issues gained through previous employment.
- Membership of the Institute of Public Rights of Way Officers or knowledge and experience sufficient to enable application.
- Good working knowledge of current rights of way legislation
- Good knowledge and understanding of land management practices
- Proven experience of working and negotiating with the farming community, landowners, pressure groups, parish and district councils and the general public
- Ability to undertake regular site visits in a lone working situation which may involve difficult or uneven terrain
- An understanding of enforcement action in relation to rights of way
- Ability to prioritise time and organise own workload
- Ability to maintain computerised records and write clear and concise reports
- Experience of working with CAMS and MapInfo/QGIS or equivalent database and GIS system.
- Capable of working using your own initiative as well as being able to work with others in a small team
- Full, valid UK driving licence
We are a major employer in Nottinghamshire with a multi-skilled local workforce and a range of highly trained staff based at a number of different locations throughout the county.
Our roles include highway maintenance, electrical works, mechanics, construction, forestry, road safety, civil engineering and much more. We combine a public-sector service ethos with a strong commercial focus and we are passionate about innovation and creating and delivering sustainable solutions safely across Nottinghamshire and the wider East Midlands.
Via is a great place to work if you value work-life balance and we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We offer a range of family friendly and inclusive employment policies, including generous annual leave allowances, with flexible working available to our office-based staff. With the majority of our work being based in the East Midlands, our front-line staff also enjoy short journeys to site each working day.
Our staff get access to a wide range of benefits. These include an excellent pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, buying and selling of annual leave and much more
By joining us you will be part of a growing organisation with great staff benefits that positively embraces customer and community aspirations.
For an informal chat about the role please contact Jane Baines, Rights of Way Manager on 0115 977 4802 or email@example.com
Closing Date: 01/10/2021 Location: West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire