NLG Ecology is an established and dynamic ecological consultancy providing expertise to our clients in the Utilities, Rail and Highways Sectors. We are currently seeking a self-motivated and experienced Principal Ecologist to join our friendly and experienced team to assist in continuing to develop the business, mentor and support our team of dedicated and skilled Ecologists.
Responsibilities will include, project management, development of colleagues, report writing and review, supporting clients to find pragmatic solutions to minimise the ecological impacts of their schemes. As a growing business you would also be involved in costing and tendering for work and finding new ways for the business to diversify and thrive. The role will require a professional ecologist with an excellent knowledge of flora and fauna in the UK, related legislation and licensing and demonstrate a good working knowledge of Ecological Impact Assessment, Habitat Regulation Assessments, Biodiversity Net Gain, UK Habitat Classification and Ecological Management Plans.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- an appropriate degree qualification;
- extensive relevant work experience including at senior level;
- excellent knowledge of UK and European environmental legislation;
- excellent fieldwork and report writing skills including protected species surveys, EPSM applications, ES chapters and ecological management plans;
- ability to critically review own output and others' work;
- licensed surveyor accomplished in survey and mitigation for 1 or more key protected species: bats, badgers, breeding birds, dormouse, great crested newts, reptiles, otter and water voles;
- EPSM licence holder for one or more of the above species groups, and preferably be a Registered consultant on the class license scheme for badger or bats;
- proven project and staff management experience;
- ability to manage own workload, be proactive in managing projects and able to delegate and provide support to junior staff;
- experience in customer service and the ability to deliver and lead training events and workshops, to employees, clients and other stakeholders;
- full membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM);
- UK driving licence.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible working and time off in lieu;
- Combination of home, office and field work;
- 28 days annual leave plus birthday day off;
- Opportunities for career development and training;
- Employee benefit package, including pension and life insurance;
- Conservation volunteering days;
- Use of serviced vehicles and issued with company mobile phone.
Please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Delete Date: 13/10/2021 Location: Bollington, Cheshire