Field Manager – North West & West Midlands and East & East Midlands
The Forestry Commission are the government’s forestry experts and we work to protect, improve and expand England’s woods and forests. The development of the England Tree Strategy and the ambition already set by Government to plant 30,000ha’s of new woodland annually across the UK by 2025 places woodland creation as a key delivery priority for the area team and our partners.
The Field Manager role, as part of Forest Services, is responsible for leading a team of Woodland Officers based in their area and for ensuring the effective coordination of our incentives and regulatory activities. Field Managers play a critical role in delivering a step change in our woodland creation levels, and in supporting the woodland management activity across the area.
- East and East Midlands - based at Santon Downham, Suffolk. The successful candidate will have a blended working approach between home and the office, living within Norfolk or Suffolk to facilitate field team support. Formal homeworking may be considered for candidates living more than one hour away from the office.
- North West and West Midlands - based at Penrith. The successful candidate will have a blended working approach between home and the office, living within Cumbria or Lancashire to facilitate field team support.
- Team working and Managing People - Provide leadership and support to the Woodland Officers and Woodland Creation to ensure the effective delivery of our incentives and regulatory programmes.
- Nature for Climate Fund Tree Programme - Play a key role in supporting the operational delivery of the Tree Programme to deliver the Governments woodland creation ambition of planting 30,000 ha’s annually across the UK by 2025.
- Manage Tree Health and forestry regulation - Respond to tree health issues and ensure the effective delivery of our regulatory requirements.
- Manage Incentives - Oversee the delivery of incentives across the area through supporting Woodland Officers and partners by building positive working relationships to ensure the effective promotion and delivery of our incentives programme.
- Engaging with stakeholders and Partnership Working - Work with the Area Management Team to identify the partnerships to engage in order to deliver appropriate sector support in identified priority areas.
- Vision and Culture - Support the overall work of the team to ensure the effective delivery of our vision and culture ambition and to help lead on the development of a proactive H&S culture.
Closing Date: 01/10/2021 Location: Suffolk and Penrith