Oxford, Cambridge or Home working
With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS is part of the RSK Group which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Arboricultural business comprises a skilled team of chartered and highly qualified arboriculturists and chartered foresters focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and rural industries. The team has a vast amount of experience in all aspects of BS5837 tree surveys and planning advice, tree risk surveys and policy advice, utility arboriculture and woodland management. The successful candidate will join a team of Arboricultural professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Ecology, Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
- To work flexibly to sell and deliver arboricultural consultancy in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment. This will involve:
- Undertaking tree surveys and provide advice to a range of developer clients in relation to the requirements of BS5837:2012
- Dealing with Tree Preservation Order issues
- Carrying out tree health surveys, hazard assessment, visual tree inspection and risk assessment surveys and reports for developers, utilities and other corporate organisations
- Producing management plans for trees and woodlands
- Managing and servicing on-site implementation of arboricultural works including the supervision of contractors
- Carrying out and supporting sales activities, including drafting proposals and quotes and assisting with submission of tenders
- Selling arboricultural work to existing and new clients through sales visits, presentations and bidding activity
- Developing business through establishing good client relationships and identifying opportunities for follow-on work.
Successful candidates will:
- Flexibly carry out arboricultural surveys and impact assessments on development sites, write reports and produce a suite of plans all in accordance with BS5837:2012
- Undertake arboricultural surveys using the principles of Visual Tree Assessment and specify the necessary work on individual or groups of trees in accordance with BS3998:2010
- Produce tree risk management surveys and reports using recognized systems such as THREATS or QTRA
- Manage small scale arboricultural contracts ensuring that work is delivered on time, within budget and meets the client’s satisfaction
- Achieve team and personal sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, assisting with larger tenders, approaching new clients and undertaking sales meetings
- Have an in depth knowledge and experience of professional arboricultural work such that you can work without supervision on all but the most demanding of contracts.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location
- The candidate must also hold a recognised arboricultural qualification at Level 4 or above
- It would be desirable for the candidate to be competent at using AutoCAD
- It would also be desirable for the candidate to have::
- A Lantra Professional Tree Inspection certificate
- An NPTC Certificate of Competence in Utility Arboriculture Unit 5.1 and 5.2
- A valid PTS (Personal Track Safety) certificate
- Membership of a relevant professional association/body such as the Institute of Chartered Foresters, Arboricultural Association, or Royal Forestry Society.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications, experience etc.
- Regular training and career development
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular offers through RSK Group (e.g. Tastecard, Gym membership, Holidays and Entertainment)
- Access to mental health support and professional financial advice
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
To apply click here
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Delete Date: 12/11/2021 Location: Oxford, Cambridge or Home working