Richmond and Bushy Park, London (with extensive travel to other Royal Parks)
Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic and precious parkland across London. Millions of Londoners and tourists visit our beautiful sites, which offer unparalleled opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and healthy living in the heart of the capital, as well as an important refuge for nature.
We look after eight of London’s largest open spaces; Hyde Park, The Green, Richmond, Greenwich, St James’s, Bushy and The Regent’s Parks, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner.
- Salary of £29,001 - £35,076 per annum, depending on experience
- 26 days' annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays, increasing to 29 days after 3 years’ service
- Pension scheme (3% employee contribution; up to 10% employer contribution)
- Hybrid/agile working options
- Private medical insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme and access to mental health first aiders
- Learning and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offices in a beautiful location
As a Volunteer Officer, your main focus will be to manage volunteers carrying out habitat management tasks at conservation group sessions and develop one-off flexible volunteering opportunities.
You will create volunteer resources and ensure the appropriate support and training is in place for volunteers, partners and the staff who manage volunteers.
Working with the Volunteer and Programmes Manager, you will plan, develop, deliver and evaluate other volunteer projects and programmes.
Additionally, you will:
- Lead on the planning and delivery of our corporate ‘Park Days’ sessions
- Write volunteer role descriptions, work plans, policies and robust risk assessments
- Ensure data on volunteers and associated activities are recorded
- Be aware of safeguarding children and adults at risk and follow guidelines at all times
To join us as a Volunteer Officer, you will need:
- Proven experience of working with, managing and training conservation volunteers
- In-depth knowledge and practical skills in conservation, park, horticulture or nature reserve management
- Strong knowledge of safe use and maintenance of all hand tools
- Excellent people skills
- A flexible approach to work including significant evening and weekend working
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 30/11/2022 Location: Richmond and Bushy Park, London (with extensive travel to other Royal Parks)