Exmoor House, Dulverton, Somerset
Exmoor National Park Authority manages a unique and beautiful part of the country. Our vision is to ensure Exmoor National Park has a thriving living landscape and is a place where people can enjoy and benefit from Exmoor’s special qualities and sustainable communities. Our Conservation staff play a key role in the achievement of this vision.
Sowing the Seeds is an exciting initiative we run in conjunction with FWAGSW, Devon Wildlife Trust, South West Water and other partners to create more wild flower meadows across Exmoor.
We’re now looking for a Sowing the Seeds Project Officer to lead the delivery of the Sowing the Seeds initiative on a full-time basis for a fixed term contract until 31st March 2024.
- Salary of £24,496 - £27,852 per annum
- Paid sickness leave
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 27 days’ holiday per annum, plus Bank Holidays
This is an excellent opportunity for a conservation and/or countryside management professional to support our fantastic restoration projects in a varied and engaging role with our dedicated organisation.
By joining our ambitious restoration project, you’ll play a fundamental role in ensuring these ecologically important environments can flourish and continue to support unique wildlife.
As a Sowing the Seeds Project Officer, you will lead and implement the Exmoor Sowing the Seeds project.
Co-ordinating the delivery of restoration schemes, you’ll identify potential sites and carry out pre-restoration research, ensuring a smooth on-site delivery by developing and overseeing management plans.
You’ll support our research efforts by contributing to the Exmoor Wildlife Research and Monitoring Framework, an audit of current survey, monitoring and research being undertaken on Exmoor.
To be considered as a Sowing the Seeds Project Officer, you will need:
- Experience of working within a conservation and/or countryside management role
- Experience of undertaking ecological studies
- Experience of operating and maintaining machinery and equipment such as brush or vacuum harvesters
- Experience of delivering engagement events/activities
- Experience of managing and working with contractors, particularly knowledge of health and safety and risk assessments
- Financial reporting skills
- Project management skills
- IT proficiency
- A degree in an environmental discipline or an equivalent qualification and/or experience
- A full, valid driving licence
The closing date for this role is 28th November 2022.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 28/11/2022 Location: Exmoor House, Dulverton, Somerset