Project Officer (Coast to Coast) (part time, FTC)
Helmsley, North Yorkshire
- A salary of £25,962 - £28,711 (£32,020 - £35,411 FTE)
- 24 days’ holiday pro rata plus Bank Holidays
- Work within one of the UK’s most stunning landscapes
- Great training opportunities
You will need to have countryside and path-based contract management experience plus a good record of managing budgets to go with your strong grasp of rights of way and access legislation. All of this will help us deliver a fantastic experience for users along the North York Moors section of the Coast to Coast.
So, if you are passionate about walking, protecting the landscape, and have been looking for a unique project to engage with, this is the once in a lifetime opportunity you have been waiting for!
As the Coast to Coast Project Officer, you will oversee the delivery of our Coast to Coast path management programme, ensuring completion meets legal standards and falls within budget and timeframe.
Specifically, you will draw up contracts and tenders, develop specifications, commission work and support any necessary legal work required for implementation.
Additionally, you will:
- Record the path using the National Parks Rights of Way Management System
- Manage consultants
- Produce rights of way agreements with landowners and farmers
To be considered as the Coast to Coast Project Officer, you will need:
- Experience of rights of way and access project management
- Experience of contract management
- Experience of managing budgets within a defined budget and delivering projects on time
- Knowledge of H&S Legislation, including site risk assessments and working procedures
- Knowledge of legislation affecting access and public Rights of Way
- Competence in financial management & following applicable Financial Regulation.
Ideally, you will have a working knowledge of GIS and its practical application.
Webrecruit and North York Moors National Park Authority are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you can help people access the beauty of our National Park as the Coast to Coast Project Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
Closing Date: 27/11/2022 Location: Helmsley, York