Head Ranger (Charnwood)
Reference number: RAF0005078
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Head Ranger to join our team based in Charnwood. As a Head Ranger your key responsibility will be the successful supervision of the ranger team to achieve your targets. You will oversee and be familiar with maintaining SSSI (sites of special site interests) , managing LNR’s (local nature reserves), and conserving wildlife areas, particularly ancient woodland and wildflower meadow sites.
Who are we?
idverde is Europe’s leading provider of grounds maintenance services and landscape creation projects, with an annual turnover of €700m and over 7,000 colleagues operating throughout the UK, France, the Netherlands, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland. We offer a holistic range of services to support the creation, maintenance and management of landscapes throughout the UK, working with both public and private sector clients to deliver bespoke solutions for each project’s unique challenges.
As the UK’s top grounds maintenance and landscaping provider, idverde UK offers a broad range of services. From professional open space management to landscape design and build, grounds maintenance, tree surgery, civil engineering, outdoor facilities management, biodiversity management, waterways management and much more.
Are you who we are looking for?
- Have experience in managing and maintaining SSSI, LNR’s and wildlife areas
- Supervise the Ranger team, manage the staff rotas and seasonal work programmes
- Have substantial experience in organising and supervising volunteer sessions including corporate ‘team-building’ sessions with various organisations
- Promote environmental engagement through liaising with various channels
- Conduct guided walks/events across the conservation/wildlife areas within the borough.
- Monitor biodiversity on all wildlife sites as well as identify and eradicate invasive species
- Monitor and report on access and security issues on all sites to include status of stock fencing on grazing sites
- Patrol wildlife areas, report and record incidents of illicit use, anti-social behaviour and enviro-crime to the Contract Manager and provide support, advice and reassurance to the public
- Write monthly Ranger activity and engagement reports for our client, Charnwood Borough Council and quarterly reports for stakeholders
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office; be able to produce temporary safety/advice signs when required and input monthly data to be shared with the client
- Hold responsibility for the locking/unlocking of gates on a busy town park as well as managing litter during weekends and Bank Holidays
- Hold a minimum level 3 qualification in a relevant subject i.e., Environmental Conservation/Countryside Management
- Hold a full driving license as travelling between sites is essential
What’s in it for you?
- Full training and development to help you grow your career
- A competitive salary
- 21 Days holiday plus statutory days
- Pension scheme
- A range of flexible benefits, including Cycle to Work, retail discounts etc.
- Plus, much more
Interested? Please apply with an up-to-date CV making sure to quote the job reference number
Job Reference Number: RAF0005078
Delete Date: 02/11/2022 Location: Charnwood