Are you looking to use your business or finance expertise to benefit nature, the climate and local communities?
Finance Development Manager
Salary: £31,387 per annum
Contract type: Fixed term
Working hours: Full time
Location: Callow Rock, Shipham Gorge, Cheddar (With opportunities for remote working).
As the Manager of this ground-breaking project you will work with, and be supported by, a dynamic team who are leading the way to develop the most ambitious green investment mechanisms available.
The goal of this exciting and challenging position is to create green finance business plans for a range of private and NGO landowners. Unlocking the finances needed to enable large-scale changes in land use and farming techniques.
Across the UK, new Environmental Land Management schemes (ELMs) are being rolled out between now and 2024. These schemes are key in delivering the UK Government's 25-Year Environment Plan, halting nature’s decline by 2030 and reaching Net Zero by 2050. By far the most ambitious of these is Landscape Recovery. The team at Somerset Wildlife Trust are delighted that the ‘Adapting the Levels Landscape Recovery’ project bid was successful and we are now building the team to deliver this aspirational project.
As the Green Finance Development Manager, you will bring a specialism in the development of green business models to the team.
Supported by a project team of experts in ecology and climate science, and working in close collaboration with land owning partners, you will develop a blended finance model to enable the project to progress to implementation stage.
This will include exploring green finance options for carbon credits, BNG, phosphate reduction and flood/drought mitigation.
This is a novel and ambitious project which will evolve throughout the development phase so there will be opportunities to take an innovative approach.
- 7% employers pension contribution
- 25 days leave plus Bank Holidays & 3 additional discretionary days
- Free life insurance to give you a little reassurance
- Flexible working including Time Off in Lieu & home working options
- Dedicated 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your household
- Part of a national team of Wildlife Trusts Staff
- Discounts in high street retailers
- Joining a supportive team with Mental Health awareness and champions
- Working across some of the most beautiful locations in the county
The closing date is midnight on 30th November 2022.
To complete your application online, please CLICK HERE.
Closing Date: 30/11/2022 Location: Callow Rock, Shipham Gorge, Cheddar