This is an apprenticeship type role
Magdalen Environmental Trust
Ranger (Kickstart placement)
6 - month job, working 25 hours per week.
We are pleased to present this opportunity for a young person eligible for the Kickstart programme, as part of our new Rewilding programme.
The main duties are:
- Maintain and mow / strim paths
- Maintain accessibility
- Maintenance of low ropes course, gates, steps, outdoor education spaces etc.
- Monitor wildlife signs and levels in the river
- Soil testing
- Removal of invasive species such as Himalayan balsam
- Installation of nest boxes and other habitat features
- Checking livestock and assisting with care and moving livestock
- Gather, propagate and spread seeds
- Other practical tasks using hand tools and power tools
This is a physical outdoor job, in all weathers set within an environmental education and care farming charity. The focus will be on enhancing the visitor's experience and enhancing the site for wildlife.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 03/11/2021 Location: TA20 4PA