Future Woodlands Scotland
2-year self-employed contract ending November 2023
3 days/week at £225/day (incl. VAT)
Total annual fee = £31,050 (138 working days)
Total contract fee = £62,100
Future Woodlands Scotland is a Scottish Charity working to create and conserve native woodlands in Scotland. We are seeking an energetic and experienced Project Manager to support the delivery of the new Future Woodlands Fund (FWF) - a 3 year pilot programme of financial incentives to support creation and conservation of native woodlands.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic, experienced and flexible self-employed person to join our small and friendly team to help take the project through to completion.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in forestry or a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of five years demonstrable experience in native woodland creation and woodland/forestry management
- An enthusiastic, flexible and positive approach
- Experience of working with land managers, particularly farmers, and undertaking site visits in sometimes challenging conditions
- An understanding and experience of woodland schemes and related grant scheme applications
- An understanding of the agricultural sector and related grants
- A desire to make a real difference to native woodland conservation and management in Scotland
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills demonstrating the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with land managers, agents & contractors
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Competent and self-reliant in QGIS, Microsoft Excel and Word applications
- A Full Driving licence and access to a vehicle
- A willingness to travel anywhere in Scotland with occasional overnight stays as required
- Ideally an understanding of the Woodland Carbon Code
This role is Scotland based and working from home with travel across Scotland to meetings and site visits
For more information and how to apply, please see our website.
Deadline for Applications is 9am on Monday 8th November 2021. Interviews are likely to be on 15th and 17th November 2021 using MS Teams.
Closing Date: 07/11/2021 Location: Mostly home-based in Scotland