Ecologist – The Midlands, Permanent Position
Closing date: 15/12/2021
Midland Ecology provide a variety of ecological surveys and services across the Midlands. We work on a wide range of projects; from small residential extensions, to large multi-phase housing and national infrastructure projects.
Are you looking to take the next step on the career ladder and broaden your skills?
You will work on Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments, bat surveys and other protected species surveys. You will collate and review survey results.
You must be committed, enthusiastic and reliable, with good attention to detail and concentration skills.
- A sound knowledge of British ecology; especially bats and other protected species
- Natural England bat survey licence
- Protected species survey experience; reptiles, GCN, badgers, bats - licences advantageous
- Experience undertaking bat emergence/re-entry surveys
- Plant identification skills
- MS Office skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Motivated to work both independently and in a team; in remote locations and during unsociable hours
- UK driving licence and vehicle; for site visits across the Midlands
- Ability to work from home and the office
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Degree in ecology or related discipline
- CIEEM membership
- Experience within an ecological consultancy environment
- Experience conducting Phase 1 / PEA
- Experience analysing and interpreting data
- Bat sonogram analysis experience
- QGIS experience
- CSCS card
- First Aid qualification
- Competitive salary (£22K-£30K depending on experience)
- Car Allowance and mileage
- Flexible working
- Bespoke Training Budget
- Contributory pension
- Annual leave
- Friendly working environment
As a consultancy we can offer the opportunity and support to develop within this role and are committed to helping you progress your career throughout your employment with us.
To apply, e-mail email@example.com. Include your CV/experience, start date availability and salary expectations.
Closing Date: 15/12/2021 Location: Birmingham