This is an apprenticeship type role
Snowdonia National Park Authority protects the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of Eryri National Park. Covering 823 miles of diverse landscape, the Park is home to over 26,000 people, the highest mountain in Wales and the largest natural lake in Wales.
The Carneddau Landscape Partnerships is committed to conserving the threatened heritage of the Carneddau, a group of mountains in Snowdonia, by increasing understanding and enjoyment of the cultural and natural heritage of the area.
We are now looking to fill the Carneddau Environmental Conservation Apprenticeship role on a full-time basis for a fixed-term, 12 month, contract until circa July 2024.
- Competitive salary
- Holiday Allowance of 24 days (pro rata)
- St David’s Day off (1st of March)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car Buying Assistance Scheme
- The chance to work in an area of outstanding natural beauty
During your Carneddau Environmental Conservation Apprenticeship, you will deepen your understanding of environmental conservation by assisting with our existing forest and woodland management operations.
Undertaking a range of duties, you will help to manage the woodland owned by the Snowdonia National Park Authority. You will manage vegetation and protect farmlands, support invasive species control and undertake various construction and repair tasks.
Alongside this, you will ensure that the maintenance of vehicles, as well as your operation of power tools, are in alignment with Health & Safety regulations.
Throughout this apprenticeship, you will also:
- Assist in tree nursery operations
- Carry out habitat management for woodlands and grasslands
- Motivate volunteers, children and young people on community and educational projects
- Promote the observance of the Countryside Code and local codes of conduct
- Present and promote the characteristics and values of both the organisations
Please note that this role will involve a wide range of practical, manual work.
To be considered for the Carneddau Environmental Conservation Apprenticeship, you will need:
- The ability to communicate in Welsh (if only moderately) and English
- The willingness to work outdoors in extreme weather and ground conditions
- At a minimum, GCSEs or equivalent at level 1 / grade G or above in Maths and English
- A full, valid driving licence
Please note, the deadline for this vacancy is 30th May 2023 at 17:00.
So, if you would love to join our team with our Carneddau Environmental Conservation Apprenticeship. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 30/05/2023 Location: Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd
See everything from this employer