Youth Engagement Leader
(Part-Time, 30 hours / week FTC)
Danby Lodge National Park Centre, North Yorkshire (with hybrid working)
The North York Moors National Park Authority looks after and promotes one of the most phenomenal parts of the British Isles.
We are now looking for a Youth Engagement Leader to deliver the BMW Wild Leaders Project on a part-time basis for a fixed-term contract from June 2023 till May 2024.
- Salary of £18,805 - £20,982 per annum for 30 hours per week.
Playing a vital role in the delivery of our youth engagement programme, you’ll have the chance to influence young people to appreciate all that the great outdoors has to offer and motivate them to have a say in the future of this unique part of the world.
As a Youth Engagement Leader, you will develop and deliver a programme of youth engagement through the BMW Wild Leaders Project. This initiative encourages young people from deprived areas to experience, value and be invested in the future of the North York Moors.
Working alongside the Youth Engagement Officer and Volunteer Officer, you’ll build relationships with local schools, youth services and other organisations and develop our Youth+ (age 16-30) volunteer offer.
Engaging with partners and young people across Teesside, you’ll organise and deliver a series of monthly conservation tasks with the National Park as well as monthly Young Rangers (age 11-17) activities and experiences.
Additionally, you will:
- Develop our Youth Voice within the National Park and through the UK National Park group
- Adhere to the prescribed evaluation strategy for the programme
- Keep accurate records of attendance
- Ensure health & safety policies are implemented
- Seek out and develop new opportunities for engaging young people
To be considered as a Youth Engagement Leader, you will need:
- Experience of organising and delivering programmes of youth engagement
- Experience of delivering practical conservation work tasks
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating the broad outcomes of youth engagement
- Experience of working in partnership with a range of agencies and organisations in the field of youth engagement
- An understanding of the day-to-day application of health & safety policies and practices
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills
- IT proficiency
- A full, valid driving licence
The closing date for this role is the 23rd March 2023.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 23/03/2023 Location: Danby Lodge National Park Centre, North Yorkshire (with hybrid working)
See everything from this employer