Corylus Planning & Environmental Ltd
Job Description -
Job title: Senior Ecologist
Indicative salary: £36,000-£38,000
Benefits: Pension (5%), private healthcare, life cover, 25 days A/l, hybrid working. payment of professional fees, company bonus scheme (subject to company performance), free car parking.
Reporting to: Associate Director (Environment)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Key purpose of job:
Corylus is a multi-disciplinary, planning-led consultancy. We have an enviable track record for delivery of successful planning applications on projects ranging from individual dwellings through to large, multi-functional schemes. Our project portfolio is wide ranging and includes renewable energy, mineral extraction/restoration, leisure, residential and rural based developments.
Within this role you will work alongside our other specialists to provide a wide range of ecological services to our clients. You will work with our planning team to develop strategies for Biodiversity Net Gain. You will develop and expand the ecological services offered by Corylus.
Key job responsibilities:
- To provide ecological services.
- Managing ecological projects and the appointment of external consultants/field workers where necessary;
- Preparing Preliminary Ecological Appraisals,
- Undertaking Phase 1 Habitat and Protected Species Surveys;
- Undertaking Ecological Impact Assessments and preparing ecology statements for EIA;
- Preparing appropriate mitigation strategies and management plans;
- Undertaking Biodiversity Net Gain assessments as part of masterplan process;
- Undertaking Appropriate Assessments for Habitat Regulations
- Engaging with clients, Local Planning Authorities and other external consultants;
- Preparing fee proposals for ecological services;
- Managing project budget and invoicing where specific to ecological services.
- Working within a multidisciplinary project team of Planners, Landscape Architects, Hydrologists and other environment professionals;
- To promote the Company and to market the Company’s services.
- Maintain a programme of CPD.
- To undertake general office administrative duties and office housekeeping as directed
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested.
- Graduate level education in a relevant subject
- Full CIEEM Membership
- EPS licensed consultant
- Experience surveying a range of Protected Species
- Previous experience of GIS desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Full driving license and use of own car
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Delete Date: 23/03/2023 Location: Yanworth, Cheltenham