National Nature Reserve Manager - Castle Eden Dene
Natural England is seeking to recruit a professional and highly motivated individual to work as a Reserve Manager at Castle Eden Dene NNR. On a daily basis you will work with the Senior Reserve Manager, the NNR Reserve Managers and volunteers at our NNRs.
Typical working pattern will be 37 hours per week. Some weekend working is expected. Salary : £23,315 per annum
The role involves practical management, working with plant machinery and equipment and outside working in all weathers and on challenging terrain. You will be expected to:
- Co-ordinate, manage and deliver the day-to-day operations at specified NNRs in accordance with agreed management plans, under the guidance of the Senior Reserve Manager.
- Co-ordinate and deliver the agreed programme of monitoring and recording of NNR management and its outcomes, including maintaining appropriate corporate recording systems.
- Provide advice and support to the Senior Reserve Manager in producing and revising Management Plans and any annual work programmes.
- Responsible for ‘health and safety’ management including maintaining servicing and records, risk and COSHH assessment.
- Work as part of the team organising volunteer work on the Reserves – managing, co-ordinating and supervising volunteers, carrying out practical work, engagement, and monitoring.
- Assist with project planning, management and reporting.
- Act as a contact point and provide regular communications with communities and stakeholders, referring complex or contentious issues to the Senior Reserve Manager or Team Leader.
- Develop and undertake programmes of public engagement that build the support of visitors and local communities.
- Work with colleagues to design and deliver work programmes through volunteers and contractors, working within Natural England’s policies and procedures, supervising delivery of such projects.
- Work with partners to identify, develop and deliver opportunities for joint delivery of engagement opportunities and projects.
The role will also involve assisting with coordination, management and direct delivery of day-to-day operations and contractors at Castle Eden Dene and Teesmouth NNRs, in accordance with the agreed management plans, in agreement with the Senior Reserve Manager. This will include:
- Habitat management works.
- Access management.
- Species management including pest and invasive species control.
- Basic maintenance of tools/equipment. Safe and efficient running of the NNR workshop.
- Ensuring a high standard of upkeep of the visitor facilities.
- Supervision of contractors.
- Assisting in the co-ordination of data collection and management and recording of site data and monitoring.
- Assisting research workers, students and others studying on the Reserve.
Please click THIS LINK to find out more and to apply
Closing Date: 21/03/2023 Location: Castle Eden Dene NNR, Peterlee