We are currently seeking a Local Partnership Advisor to join the Yorkshire and North East (YNE) Area Team to help support our delivery work relating to trees and woodlands who will be connected to either our offices in York or Newcastle, with regular attendance at the York office, and travel throughout the area.
The role holder will undertake partnership and stakeholder engagement, working closely with members of the Area Team to protect, improve and expand the woodland across Yorkshire and North East area. Proactively engage with planning authorities & systems. Support capacity building within the Area team and the woodland sector. Be a key member of the Area Management Team including being the line manager for the Area Business Manager.
KEY WORK AREAS
1. Expand: Expand woodland cover by championing the role of trees and woodland
2. Protect: Planning lead - proactively engage with the planning system to protect woodland
3. Improve: collaborative working to encourage resilient managed woodlands
4. Connecting people: Partnership and stakeholder engagement - working with the Regional Promotions Manager support the development of an area team communications and event plan.
5. People management and Area business improvement
The successful applicant will have a passion for woodlands and forests and for the benefits to society, the environment and the economy they provide. They will advocate with knowledge and enthusiasm the environmental and other benefits that woodlands provide.
• A Civil Service pension
• A range of family friendly benefits
• An environment with flexible working options
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• A culture which promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment
• A range of wellbeing benefits including discounted Civil Service Healthcare, access to an Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, Bike to Work Scheme, plus many more
• 25 days annual leave, with 1 additional day for each years’ service up to 5 years (pro rata), plus 10.5 bank holidays/privilege days (pro rata)
• Ability to buy or sell 5 days annual leave.
• 3 days volunteering per year (pro rata)
We aim to provide a great place to work, whichever location you work from. Blended working forms part of our flexible and inclusive approach to future ways of working. It is an informal arrangement which gives you the option to work some of the week from home, and some of the week from our Forestry Commission workplaces, subject to role requirements, business needs, and regular review.
£35,870 - £38,842
Closing Date: 19/03/2023 Location: North East England, Yorkshire and the Humber
See everything from this employer