Proffitts – Investing in Communities
Job Description - Part Time Landscape Architect
Job Purpose: To design and deliver high quality landscape projects across the North West on behalf of Proffitts – Investing in Communities.
Responsible to: Director and Senior Landscape Architect
Hours: 20 hours per week (flexible working essential)
Salary: £27k – £29K pro rata.
Length of contract: Permanent
- You will hold a relevant undergraduate degree and masters (or equivalent) – formerly known as Part 3 with at least 4 years’ experience working as a Landscape Architect
- Either working towards or be a Recognised Practitioner or equivalent professional qualification
- Have skills in AutoCAD and basic visualisations
- Have experience in working directly with communities
- You will be able to work from home the majority of the time
- To design, arrange and oversee the implementation of a wide range of environmental improvements across the North West
- To work with a wide range of partners from community groups, the private and voluntary sector, statutory authorities, and businesses.
- To manage and contribute to a variety of environmental projects, developing ideas and coordinating project development with partners.
- To work to tight timescales and budgets to a competent standard and to assist other staff at Proffitts where required.
- To negotiate with partners, sponsors, and clients on scheme details, fundraising and implementation.
- Production of tender documents and management of contracts.
- To assist with fundraising and securing resources.
- To provide planning, monitoring, and budget related information as requested.
- To ensure good Health and Safety practice is always followed and act in line with appropriate standards, procedures, and legal requirements.
- To represent Proffitts – Investing in Communities at relevant meetings, events and
- training sessions as required and to deputise for other staff if needed.
- To undertake other duties as may be required from time to time to be agreed with the Director.
- To undertake relevant training as required for the position and to retain professional membership of the Landscape Institute.
- To comply with the Code of Practice for Landscape Architects as set out by the Landscape Institute.
How to Apply
To apply, please send an up to date copy of your CV and cover letter which outlines your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include up to 4 examples of relevant projects from your portfolio. Submit your CV and additional information by Monday 27th March 2023.
About Proffitts - Investing in Communities
Proffitts was established in 2008 to serve the communities in the North West with a particular focus Greater Manchester and Pennine Lancashire. We are a small, friendly team who welcome flexible working, collaboration and new ideas.
Please look at our web site for further information www.proffittscic.com
We are able to offer flexible working, a generous pension, 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and assistance with P2C (where applicable) and support towards CPD.
Closing Date: 27/03/2023 Location: North West England