Norfolk Farming & Wildlife Advice Group
Farm Environment Adviser
Full-time Permanent Position
Norfolk FWAG are part of the national FWAG Association (formerly the Farming & Wildlife Advisory Group) and provide on-farm environmental advice to land managers in Norfolk.
Our members and clients include farmers and landowners, but we also work with statutory environmental agencies, other conservation organisations and utility companies that enlist our services in order to positively influence the actions of land managers on the farmed environment.
We are seeking a highly motivated Farm Environment Adviser to join our small team based in Norwich. The successful applicant will be able to:
- Establish themselves within the local farming community as a point of contact for environmental advice.
- Establish and maintain contact with partner organisations.
- Enthuse land managers with your advice and thereby secure environmental gains.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of different farming enterprises and the issues around protection of soils, water and air.
- Complete agri-environment scheme applications without supervision.
- Speak publicly and confidently, promoting positive management of the farmed environment, to large groups of farmers, community groups and public bodies.
- Take responsibility for a varied workload and carry out your own administrative tasks.
- Enjoy working within our small team, but also be able and happy to work on your own.
- Be pro-active in developing project ideas and generating new business.
Click here for more details and to apply.